Six Points 2020 Quarter 2
Evaluation & Training
1160 N Main St PO Box 1002 Gunnison CO 81230 970.641.3081 www.sixpointsgunnison.org
Six Points During The Pandemic: Down But Not Out
Staying Busy During Quarantine!
Staff and clients have continued to find a variety of fun activities to do while in quarantine. Clients have been staying safe while out in public by wearing masks as well as social distancing. Some of our clients have also been released to go back to work and have displayed great efforts of keeping themselves and those around them safe.
Clients have been given COVID-19 care packets, stuffed with a variety of items such as masks, hand sanitizer, and cleaning wipes.
While the store staff gathered briefly for this photo, they continue to social distance as they process the many donations from when people were quarantined at home and busy cleaning, purging, and organizing their households. THANK YOU for your donations!
A Message from Nancy Lakiotes, Interim Director
June 26, 2020
Dear Friends, Family, and Supporters of Six Points,
I hope you and your loved ones are well as we all navigate this very challenging time! We are happy and healthy here at Six Points, and we can’t thank you enough for your support and for being a part of our community. Here’s a quick summary of our past couple of months:
- We received an overwhelming amount of support from the community, both in thrift store donations and monetary donations.
- We applied for and received Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funding to ensure we could continue to pay employees.
- Our service providers have been incredibly creative at finding ways to serve our clients that are safe and still meet their needs: portable art kits, container gardening, Facetime, housekeeping support via Zoom, and animal therapy, to name just a few.
- The Thrift Store was able to reopen on May 1, and our shoppers have returned (safely masked and distanced). We are so happy to see them!
- It’s summer in Gunnison, and while it isn’t our usual summer routine our clients are still getting out to enjoy our beautiful mountain community!
Thank you for helping us to serve our clients through both good times and bad. Be in touch and be well.
Nancy Lakiotes, Interim Executive Director
AMAZONSMILE NOW AVAILABLE THROUGH THE APP
While we absolutely endorse “Buy Local First!” we also know there are some things that can’t be purchased in the County. For these purchases, do you use AmazonSmile? A modest share of Amazon’s profit on that purchase will come back to you. If you do use Amazon already, did you know that AmazonSmile is now available in the Amazon Shopping app on iOS and Android mobile phones? It’s easy! Click here for instructions on how to turn the feature on in the app.
THANKS TO OUR GENEROUS GRANTORS:
Upcoming Events are currently cancelled/postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Opportunities to Donate:
Enroll in City Market’s Community Rewards Program
- Go to www.citymarket.com to sign in or register an account
- Click on “Account” located on the red band in the middle of the page
- Scroll to the Bottom of the page to the Community Rewards Section and click “enroll now” or “re-enroll now”
- You can either type in “six” or our # 10405 to choose Six Points as your organization. It’s that simple and it costs you, the value card holder, nothing!
Six Points Provides